Old May 8th 20, 12:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default Hisense A5 e-Ing phone

On Thu, 07 May 2020 15:32:42 -0700, Stephen Szikora wrote:

I also posted
about the new one from Hisense - with a colour e-ink screen. A little
colour is all we need for XCSoar so I think it will be ideal. In fact,
any of these e-ink android phones are just the ticket compared to
modding Kobos and the like. As a bonus, they are not expensive compared
to other cell phones.

Interesting. Do you know if anybody sells these e-ink (either monochrome
or colour) for use with a RaspberryPi? THAT would be very interesting
indeed. I have a 4" diagonal TFT colour touch screen with 480 x 320 res
that I'll put on a RPi when I get a round tuit. I'm planning to run XK8000
on that, but a colour or monochrome eInk touch screen would most likely
be more readable in the cockpit.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org