Old June 2nd 15, 09:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default PowerFLARM antenna separation

On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 2:32:58 PM UTC-5, bumper wrote:
On Tuesday, June 2, 2015 at 10:37:03 AM UTC-7, kirk.stant wrote:

I have the A and B flarm antennas just over a foot apart in the nose of my LS6, wondering if I need to rethink the setup.

Kirk
66

Kirk,

Not meaning to second guess you, but as you say, the Flarm A antenna is both send recieve, while the Flarm B (optional to use) antenna is for Flarm receive only. There would be no logical reason to co-locate these two antennas in the nose of a glider as the Flarm B antenna, if used, is typically located so as to cover a null or blind spot in the Flarm A antenna's location.