Old July 18th 03, 05:32 PM
journeyman

Default Can I hold both a Canadian and a US license?

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:20:04 -0400, Drew Hamilton wrote:
I hold a Canadian Private Pilote License-Aeroplane. Is it possible to hold
both a Canadian and an American license simultaneously, and if so, what's
the procedure for obtaining the American license?

The reason that I'm interested in holding the American license (rather
than just that FAA endorsement that you can get) is that I may be
interested in living overseas for a few years, and I suspect that I will
have an easier time finding an N-numbered plane that I can rent than
a C-numbered plane.

Not a problem. You'll have to do the FAA written and practical tests
and meet the FAA experience requirements (including night flight,
cross country, etc.).

Morris