Old June 27th 05, 09:14 PM

Another interesting day.... Was finished with a field and had a cleanup
load in the hopper sitting on the truck at idle. Out of the haze came a
humoungous thunderstorm from behind me...the wind shifted 180 so fast I
couldn't get off the truck safely with a load. So I had to shut it down
and wait it out. The wind kicked up to about 50-60, the blades kept
"sailing" and flapping. I sat there strapped in literally flying the
helicopter with that strong wind behind me and hoping I didn't get
blown off the truck. Heavy heavy rain was forcing its way in thrugh the
rear of the doors and I got soaked. After perhaps :20 minutes the storm
blew on by and things settled back down. I fired it up, lifted off and
sprayed out the load and quit for the day. What an interesting
experience!
Cheers
Rocky

wrote:
How about this one...Yesterday, the local competitor and good guy,
flying his big 600hp Thrush, was threatened by some jerkwater that if
he ever flew over his property again, he'd shoot him down! Now, the
pilot has been working this area for years and never had any problems.
Then the jerkoff even called the customers office and told THEM he'd
shoot the airplane if it came over his property. Even ID'd himself and
its all on tape. I suspect its gonna get messy. I've had that happen a
number of times, been shot at and missed, shot at and hit. I'm here to
tell you if some asshole threatens to shoot me, he will find himself
handcuffed to a jailbed when he recovers conciousness and I will press
every charge I can think of.
We got blown out today. Had an interesting few moments when I did a
downwind pull-up and was trying to turn over 50' pine trees....couldn't
get it to turn and started losing altitude. thought I'd have to dump
the load when it began to respond and I kept on going. Sure got my
attention though. Thought sure I was going down in the timber. Oooouch
I'll guess the wind at my altitude was probably blowing 20+-
Wheeeew
Rocky