Old October 29th 06, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
5Z

Default Antares 20E vs. ASH 26E VS DG 808C

On Oct 28, 8:09 pm, Stewart Kissel
wrote:
Or put another way...
a new selflauncher=towplane, 10 year old glider and hangar?

Unfortunately, the dollar is doing poorly against the euro... I hear a
new ASH-26E ready to fly with instruments and Cobra trailer is pushing
$200K. Just the trailer will buy a decent used sailplane...

But, in the last 22 years, I've owned 2 other sailplanes, and was able
to sell each for the same amount as I had originally paid. So the real
cost of owning such a ship is pretty much insurance and maintenance, as
the purchase price can generally be recoveredduring the sale of the
ship.

-Tom