Old July 31st 07, 03:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ContestID67

Default Cambridge 302 & PDA -- Value of adding Cambridge 303?

Biggest downside to the 303 is that the turn points are organized
numerically so you need to declare a task like:
1, 636, 641, 1, which involves a lot of scrolling. You DO know the
task is in the 302 when you declare it, though. And a 303 is far less
likely to crash or need the software reloading and unlocking.
Jim

The 303 is, as others have said, a great way to have to navigational
systems so that
you can work options during a contest. "Should I go to turnpoint A or
B next?"

I wouldn't use the 303 to create the turnpoint list for a task. Many
(most? all?) of the
PDA based systems will download turnpoints from it's database into the
302. Case in point
is Glide Navigator II (GNII). Easier to do this on the PDA ahead of
time in your easy chair
rather than in the glider. After transfer from the PDA to the 302,
you can always review the
task in the 303.

As to crashing, etc, It has NEVER happened to me with a HP IPAQ 2215
and GNII.