Old October 23rd 03, 11:32 PM
L'acrobat

"Fred J. McCall" wrote in message
news
Seraphim wrote:

:I've always thought it had everything to do with it. World War I

basically
:destroyed the cream of a generation for France. After the horrors of the
:first war, it was decided that sending their men off to die in the

trenches
:was stupid, and that they were better off just making things so difficult
n the enemy that an attack would never come. Unfortunately for the

French,
:the attack did come, but not where they had prepared for it, and due to
:this France did not have the means avaible to respond properly.

France had the means to respond properly. They had more and better
armor than the Germans did.

Their armour was not better than the German armour, you have fallen into the
common trap of only comparing how big the gun was and how thick the armour
plating was.