Old October 24th 03, 01:12 AM
Seraphim

Fred J. McCall wrote in
news
Seraphim wrote:

:I've always thought it had everything to do with it. World War I
:basically destroyed the cream of a generation for France. After the
:horrors of the first war, it was decided that sending their men off to
:die in the trenches was stupid, and that they were better off just
:making things so difficult on the enemy that an attack would never
:come. Unfortunately for the French, the attack did come, but not where
:they had prepared for it, and due to this France did not have the
:means avaible to respond properly.

France had the means to respond properly. They had more and better
armor than the Germans did.

The french had ~210 more tanks than the Germans. This is out of forces that
were measured in the thousands. However, the French majority tanks were
SLOW, makeing it very difficult to get them into positions where they could
actually do something productive.

: In short, the French army got their butt kicked in WWII
: because they
:were trying to avoild another WWI.

No, the French army got their butt kicked in WWII because their
generals were idiots and didn't use the forces they had properly.

Right, but why didn't they use the forces they had?