Old January 18th 08, 09:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
JGalban via AviationKB.com

Default What did it take to get a ticket in 1946?

Dallas wrote:

Does anyone know what the requirements were in those days?

I don't know what the exact requirements were, but I do know that it was
much simpler back then. An old friend of mine got his ticket in the late
'40s and he was surprised at the amount of book learnin' and flying I had to
do to get my ticket 40 yrs. later.

I remember looking at his logbook and seeing his first solo on the 4th
entry, after 3.5 hrs of instruction in an Ercoupe.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)