Old August 12th 05, 10:47 PM
Mal

So the last comp we flew in did they have permission in writing I think not
so my 500ft statement is correct.

Not only that the said they could not enforce but in the view of safety they
could penalise you did anyone do a beat up no not to my knowledge.

You are quoting National rules not State.

Are gliders finishing below 50ft at some comps yes.

iv) cross the finish line without descending lower than 50 feet above the

ground or any obstacle thereon and with sufficient energy to

complete a circuit prior to landing.

4.3 Gliders, powered sailplanes and power-assisted sailplanes participating
in a gliding competition which has been approved in writing by CASA may,
when
within 5 kilometres of the finish line, descend below 500 feet above the
ground.

The word is Saftey.

A pilot saw me cross the runway in a tractor to pick up a glider I have 25
years experience on airfields.

The same pilot crosses in front of a tug glider combination taking off with
said tractor with a near miss.

He said Mal does it they came to me Nick they said you can do that anymore.

WHAT THEY FAILED TO MENTION IS I LOOK BEFORE CROSSING active runways.