Old August 9th 03, 04:25 AM
Michael

Jim Strand wrote in message . ..
Never managed to get one while on active duty. This year I'll need a
new jacket anyway so I'm looking at purchasing one. Can use some
recommendations of where or where not to purchase from. Any reason to
choose goatskin, lambskin, or cowhide? And lastly what about sizing?

Thanks

I'd recommend Flight Suits for a modern G-1.

http://www.flightsuits.com/leather_g1_navy.html

They have offer a good product with good customer service, and are
very accommodating of any alterations and additions you may want to
make to your jacket. I prefer their WWII version of the G-1 (the
M-422A) in veg tanned goat, but the standard G-1 is a good jacket.
I'd recommend goat over cow any day (and wouldn't even consider lamb).
Goat is a higher quality hide, and was the hide used from '41 until
'68 before the Navy switched to the cheaper/lesser quality cowhide.

~Michael