Old August 20th 09, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

A couple of thoughts:

1) Did I see Moffat cutting the tips off of his Open Cirrus and gluing
on tip extensions? Was this a certified glider? if so, was it ok to
make field mods like that back then?

2) Found it interesting what Gleb found important to think about
during a contest..............Kids or Competition, not judging, just
making an observation..............I have no kids myself, so thinking
about nothing but competition is cool in my book.

3) Is competition really as filled with broken gliders as we saw in
the video?

4) flying near thunderstorms..............tempting, everybody probably
does it a few times until they get the crap scared out of
them............if they haven't yet, then they will!

Brad