Old March 7th 19, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default NEW SSA WEBINAR - TUESDAY MARCH 5 AT 7PM CENTRAL TIME

While off topic of congratulating the people that do these webinars, my comment was not to always have an airport in reach. If that was the case, nobody would ever go anywhere, powered or not.
It was, flying a pattern such that you couldn't make the airport with a power loss to most nontowered airports.
Granted, flying at a busy airport (towered or not) and being number 4 or so may preclude being within gliding range.
When I fly power, and have the chance, I fly close enough to make the field if I lose power.

Again, just a comment, taking away from yet another good webinar.