Old July 25th 05, 10:50 PM
David Koehler

My garage is detached, and just a shell, no insulation. I've solved my
problem by doing what my eaa consular suggested, butting the resin in the
frig. and cooling it off. I got the large piece of glass on with time to
spare. He was concerned about groceries in the box, but the only thing I
have in the one in the garage is beer.... It doesn't look like it affected
the resin at all. Thanks to all for the help,
David

"Jim Carriere" wrote in message
David Koehler wrote:
Greetings All,
I'm building a composite fuselage in South Texas, with out the aid of

air
conditioning. Does anyone have some suggestions on getting the resin

setup
time a little longer. I promote it for 85 degrees, I've tried a hotter
temperature but it doesn't set well. The temp in the garage is 95+. I've

put
the resin container in a bucket of water and it helps a little.
I need to do a large piece and the only option I can see is scheduling
myself at 3am in the morning. It would be nicer if I could do it during

the
day. Thanks for any help you guys can give.
david

How well is your garage insulated? I put some of the silver bubble
paper kind of insulation on the back of my garage door, that made a
big difference. Since I don't have an a/c vent in my garage, I put a
large fan in the doorway to the house to blow house air in there,
that also makes a big difference. I've thought of adding ceiling
insulation (in the garage attic) and blinds on the windows to help
some more.