Old September 28th 03, 07:43 PM
ArVa

"tscottme" a écrit dans le message de
Brian wrote in message
news:Bz6db.436620$Oz4.244338@rwcrnsc54...
Anyone have any data in regards to the types of military vehicles and

number
carried that could fit inside the plane for air transport?

Looking at the French Army vehicle mainly - thanks in advance

Brian

France has an army?

Let's let Gen. James L. Jones, USMC, NATO Supreme Commander, answer your
(smart and intellectually honest) question :

" France has probably the most expeditionary army [i.e., ready to deploy to
distant battlefields] in Europe. And writ large. They have impressive
military capabilities across the whole spectrum of operations. They're good
at peacekeeping; their Air Force is modern, state of the art; their Navy is
modern; their land Army I know about because I served with them in northern
Iraq 11 years ago, and I know their generals-this is a very, very fine army
".

He made this statement in an interview last week with Newsweek :
http://www.msnbc.com/news/972918.asp. There are other sources besides Fox
News, you know...

ArVa