Old March 3rd 08, 08:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.ifr
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Ack!! video A320 xwind in Germany

"Neil Gould" wrote in news:y9Zyj.19181$J41.7752
@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net:

Recently, Jim Logajan posted:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
"gatt" wrote in news:13sol8u8jlhokb5
@corp.supernews.com:

WTF kind of crosswind does it take to cause this?

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ddb_1204404185

Wasn't so much the crosswind as the technique used to deal with it.

Perhaps so - but it's been alleged there was a wind gust of 155 mph:

Could it have been caused by that wing almost hitting the ground? ;-)

The entire approach looked bogus to me, but I'm nowhere near a heavy
driver. The result was exactly what I'd expect with that technique...

The approach was fine all the way to the flare.

Bertie