Old February 27th 04, 02:16 AM
Peter Duniho

"John Galban" wrote in message
om...
I took a day off today to spend some quality time with my airplane.
On the way to the airport I stopped to fill up my truck with $2.05/gal
unleaded. I got to the airport and topped off the plane with
$2.06/gal 100LL. What's wrong with this picture? Kinda makes that
expensive autogas STC in my plane look rather silly.

Like the others said, you're just buying gas (both kinds) in the wrong
place.

Around here, I'm paying about $1.60+/gal for regular unleaded, and $3.50/gal
(that's no typo...three dollars, fifty cents) for 100LL.

Actually, the $3.50/gal was a bit of a shock...highest it'd been before was
about $2.90/gal and normally it's been lower. I had just gotten back from
being out of town for over a month, and hadn't bought 100LL in awhile. It's
time for me to start looking for better prices, even if they are at other
airports; I don't usually sweat too much over fuel prices for the plane,
since the gas is the least of my expenses, but especially after seeing what
others are paying, I'm just plain offended that's what gas costs at my
airport (KPAE in Everett, WA).

Pete