Old March 17th 04, 03:09 AM
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
"Bob Chilcoat" wrote:

If you want to interject religion, I've told my family that I want the hymn
"I Will Lift You Up on Eagles Wings" sung at my funeral. (A long time from
now, I hope).

"TEW" wrote in message
I am helping to plane a memorial service for a pilot who has died (of
natural causes). To that end, I am looking for ways to personalize a

service
for that of one who loved flying.

We'll be doing a video memorial tribute.
The poem High Flight will be used.
I've collected some poems about pilots that will be read.
The service will likely be held in a hangar at the airport with his plane
being a focal point. With that in mind, are there traditional ways to

drape
a plane in black to signify the owner's death? I thought about a black

prop
cover? Would there be anything else of that nature?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Do you have any formation pilots at your airport? Here at Spruce Creek,
we have a group that does it all the time. We also provide flyovers and
"missing man" displays for special events.

This past Sunday, we did one for our old, retired AME, who died.