Old September 17th 04, 12:40 AM
Del Rawlins

On Thu, 16 Sep 2004 14:39:22 -0500, "James M. Knox"

Rules vary from country to country (some require stage checks), but in
the US there is a final exam that must be passed. An examiner goes over
the plane (hopefully with a fine tooth comb) for anything that does not
look save and conform to safety standards. Only then do you get a
certificate to go flying.

Why then, must the aircraft be placarded with a passenger warning that
states that it does NOT conform to federal safety standards? Yeah,
I'm playing devil's advocate to an extent, but it was my understanding
that if you are bound and determined to ignore standard practices,
that they still have to give you an experimental amateur built C of A
if you meet the requirements for it (paperwork, markings, 51%, etc).
They may cripple you with lousy operating limitations, but they have
to give you the certicate of airworthiness.

Comments?

Del Rawlins--
Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:
http://www.rawlinsbrothers.org/bhfaq/