Old September 17th 04, 01:18 AM
Richard Lamb

Cecil Chapman wrote:

A question I've always wanted to ask homebuilders is based on how I can see
one could go through the process of building through lots of hard work and
dedication - but how do you get yourself to do that first flight? I would
think a thousand questions would fill one's mind (ex: did I tighten or
overtighten that blank, are the rivets going to hold,,,, etc.).

How does one safely test an 'unknown'..... just curious.....

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL-IA
Student - CP-ASEL

Reduce the number of unknowns to a bare minimum.

First on the list is a valid weight and balance.

It's arguably THE most important question of the lot,
and is too often glossed over with a guess.

After that, it's mostly, "Is the engine going to run?"
Will it run at a high pitch angle (as when climbing)

Are the controls hooked up correctly - for certain?

And, if you are going to fly it yourself, get some
current time in a similar type of aircraft.