Old June 3rd 04, 03:52 AM
Kevin Christner

I'm a little bit confused. If you are using pitot and static in a
vario then you need electronic compentation. If you use reverse-pitot
(total energy probe) you need no compensation. I think you are
talking about wanted a vario that uses a total energy probe.

In fact, the LX5000 will use the total energy probe. You just need
set compensation to zero. If you want another vario to go along with
the LX5000, consider B40 if you want an electronic vario, or a Sage
or Winter if you want a mechanical one. The nice part about the B40
is you dont need a capacity bottle.

Kevin

On 2 Jun 2004 09:04:15 -0700, (G.A. Seguin)
wrote:

Hi,
I am looking for a vario which take TE from pitot and static pressure,
like the Westerboer, to go with my LX 5000 which has electronic TE.
Gilles