Old June 8th 04, 03:08 AM
G.A. Seguin

(Kirk Stant) wrote in message om...
(G.A. Seguin) wrote in message om...
Hi,
I am looking for a vario which take TE from pitot and static pressure,
like the Westerboer, to go with my LX 5000 which has electronic TE.
Gilles

Hi Gilles,

If you are on a budget and looking for a backup TE vario, you might
ask around for a used Rico VAC or VACS; they both use electronic TE
and are (at least used to be) pretty nice varios. Careful about which
model you ask for or get as there are also Rico models that require a
TE probe (VA and VAS, I believe).

Westerboer VW921s are nice electronic TE varios, too bad they come
attached to a somewhat incomprehensible glide computer!

Kirk

Hi,
Thank you all for your suggestion. I found out I can have a second vario
display dedicated as a vario only on my lx 5000. I will use that option,
I find it neet not to have a TE probe. The manual for that instrument is
very poor in english for a francophone anyway. L-nav was so easy.
Gilles