Old June 5th 12, 10:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
RAS56 RAS56 is offline
Member

Default Where are you Butterfly vario?

On Wednesday, June 6, 2012 5:39:56 AM UTC+9, David Reitter wrote:
On Tuesday, June 5, 2012 2:24:19 PM UTC-4, RAS56 wrote:

If I had a wish list, it would be that I wish I could "temporarily" access some of the other
wealth of data buried inside the vario...battery voltage, for example. I would not want to take up a display spot on the vario permanently showing that value, but it would be nice to have a user-selectable "sub-menu" of say...4 or 5 items that pushing a button the pilot could easily and rapidly cycle thru to check it as I fly.

That's exactly what I'd like to have, too. You can't make use of the data when it isn't readily available. Generally, I can set up my PDA to show me the vario data, but if I'd like to use the vario as standby navigation instrument (e.g., "find my way home" function), I'd need to be able to switch to this without having to go into some configuration menu.

David,

Go he

http://www.lxnav.com/contact.html

And chime in. I just did...and as responsive, tuned in to the market and savvy as these folks have been with their products, I'm expecting good things to happen! Will let all know if I hear something back.

TONY- to quote a tired slogan.." Just Do It!" You won't regret it! Mongo likes V7!!