Old February 8th 17, 04:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Using new variometer technology to display real time lift coefficient?

On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 9:44:26 AM UTC-5, wrote:

if we follow this seat of the pants flying to a logical extreme, perhaps we should get rid of the ASI (fly attitude), and also drop the altimeter (we can, after all, look at how big the houses and trees are getting).

That's my favorite lesson! 20 minutes spent thermalling with no ASI improves just about anyone's flying. No altimeter patterns are excellent practice as well. I cannot recommend too highly. Excellent BFR and Spring check ride material too.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8