Old November 9th 13, 02:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dingo[_4_]

Default RAAF No 463 SQUADRON Lancaster JO-X NE 133

"Dave Kearton" wrote in message

"Dingo" wrote in message

This a/c was lost on a raid on the Dortmund Ems canal, 4/5th November
1944, all crew perished. Does anybody have a photo of this a/c and/or
crew which they could post ? The only one found so far is of its nose and
"Vote for Joe" nose art.

TIA,
~~
Dingo

Have you tried the AWM ?

Thanx, Dave, I hadn't ..... but have now, no luck. There's the same nose art
photo + ref to some film footage which appears to be the same as that held
by our IWM. I should mention I am searching on behalf of a NG 'friend'
whose mother-in-law's brother was the flight engineer - and only Pom in the
crew - on the a/c's final mission. I've discovered where, approx, the a/c
crashed and the cemetery where the crew are now buried, but have yet to
discover the reason for the a/c's loss i.e. nightfighter, flak or other
cause .... also if before or after it reached its target -
Ladbergen/Dortmund Ems Canal.

Regards,
~~
Dingo ;~)