Old March 20th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
William Black[_1_]

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

Ken S. Tucker wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:36 am, "William Black"
wrote:
"Ken S. Tucker" wrote in ...

I think the source is reliable, my Old Boy was a WW2 vet spook who
had more access to info than any historian will ever get, and
explained
it to me.

My my, someone on the BIGOT list and who had access to ULTRA.
That's about a dozen people below general officer rank.
Shouldn't be too hard to identify him.
That said, I don't want to play 'what if' games, ok.

Not sure about the "BIGOT" acronym, a

Why am I not surprised...

It's not an acronym, it's a code word.

After 2-3 years he wrote a stack of reports that would fill a filing
cabinet, probably still classified.

Oh no they won't be.

He had access to everything, as you can imagine, but the only
person he'd talk to about it was me, and only at the cottage we
built when we were alone, after drinking he'd loosen up a bit, but
he was always careful about what he said.

Nobody except the heads of state and the joint chiefs committee had
access to everything.

Many commanders in chief weren't given ULTRA access.

Have you considered reading a book?

Which book did you read?

Start with Churchill.

The Brits, had a few rifles left after Dunkirk, 2 or 3.
Paint a few hundred barges black and gliders too, move out at 10 or
11 pm, and by 5 am the king is being raped in the ass by Nazi's.
As I said, no sweat.

Aren't we forgetting someone?
This being a naval group and all...

The RN was pretty much useless, recall Pearl Harbor,

Recall Taranto and Cape Matapan...

suppose the
Nazi's
float a bunch of cheap boats, the RN responds and the Luftwaff
would've put
a lot of iron in the channel.
Barges are ultra cheap, especially when they're empty.

And so easy to sink, especially at night.

Now look up how good the Germans were at sinking ships with bombs at
that date.

Oh yes, and assuming they do land. How on earth do they get over the
Military Canal in a night?

40 miles = 8 x 5, how long is a night?
(please don't tell me I need to prove math).

You don't know what the Military Canal is do you?

--
William Black

"Any number under six"

The answer given by Englishman Richard Peeke when asked by the Duke of
Medina Sidonia how many Spanish sword and buckler men he could beat
single handed with a quarterstaff.