Old January 1st 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default GNS 430W vs GNS 480

Ron Gordon wrote:
I'm going to add either the GNS 430W or GNS 480 to a Beach Bonanza and am
wondering if any of you who fly with these GPS units have a recommendation?
I'd like a very capable IFR GPS with integrated NAV/COM abilities, which
I'll couple to my S-TEC 50 Autopilot with GPSS. Both the 430W and 480 are
WAAS capable. Either will fit into my panel. (I consider the 530 out of my
price range and I'm not going to tie WX or Traffic into the GNS.)

Do you have any recommendations? Which unit is the most capable? Whichever I
get, I'm going to work diligently to learn, including any quirks.

Thanks in advance for your comments!
-Ron Gordon

Go with the 430W.

The 400/500 series is where Garmin is doing all their work.

The 400 series are the nav/com engines for the G-1000.