Old December 14th 11, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Best Club class glider

On Dec 14, 6:08*am, Hagbard Celine wrote:
You're fortunate that you live in the U.K.; a tiny country with a lot
of gliders. This means you have a lot more choice and it'll be pretty
easy to go look at quite a few gliders.

If you're primary interest is winning club class competitions then you
should look at what glider most commonly wins and buy one of those
(yes, I know that handicapping theoretically means every glider should
be equal but..)

snip

In the UK that would probably mean flying whatever G Dale flies!

You might find some of Derek Pigott's reports online:
http://www.lakesgc.co.uk/mainwebpage...gmagazines.htm

However I don't think the archive is indexed, so it might take a lot
of time and dedication to find them.