Old December 14th 11, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Cats

Default Best Club class glider

Some of the older (101) Pegs have a self-connecting elevator, which is
a feature that's well worth having. AFAIK it was a feature added
towards the date when they switching to the 90.

It also never surprises me that I fit them (5'3") as does a friend who
is 12" taller. I don't have the seat back right forward, he takes it
out and wears light-weight shoes.

At my height with slightly short legs poportionately, I get a great
view - the back of the canopy is after of my head, and I can just
about make out the tailplane of the glider.

However I've helped enough people with dodgy trailers and rigging aids
to agree that the condition of the trailer comes first. You can make
rigging aids if necessary - for example the chap with an Asir and no
wing root dolly made one as soon as we had used mine to help rig his
glider. He was a very tall guy so without one was having to stoop to
avoid banging the trailing edge on the top of the trailer door frame,
and yes - I think he had a bad back!