Old April 19th 10, 03:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dr.Smith

Default SR-71

"Morgans" wrote in message

"Glenn" wrote in message

In this picture, a couple feet back on the chine on both sides, there is a
blunted, pushed in area on the chines. Almost looks like the nose ran
into
a round hole in a wall, and dented the chines. Of course, I doubt that
happened.

What is the story with that? I had never noticed that on other models of
the 71. Is that damage, or a feature, and if it is a feature, what is it
designed to do - if you or someone knows?
--
Jim in NC

I just dug this one out of an old file. The SR-71 at Barksdale AFB in
Louisiana has the same indentions.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG