Old January 7th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Roger[_4_]

Default GA is priceless

On 6 Jan 2007 12:06:57 -0800, "bdl" wrote:

Mxsmanic wrote:
bdl writes:

IFR flying is a very physical process. It requires you to disregard
your senses.

These two statements conflict.

They are both true and they do conflict which is what makes instrument
flying a challenge. :-))

Physically draining... That better? If I could put myself in a little

Don't forget, mentally draining as well. Mental overload is quite
common for instrument students and for those of us with a good many
hours a good, seasoned, sadistic, CFII can prove we too are not
immune. :-))

1-G bubble inside the cockpit, IFR flying would be a piece of cake.
See the attitude indicator? Keep it right side up.. (Except when it
fails).

Ain't nothing like trying to fly the airplane when you have a case of
spatial disorientation so bad you have to point at the instruments to
do your scan and it's so rough you keep missing your target. With your
thought processes so screwed up you then have to stop and try,
(unsuccessfully) to remember which instrument you were after and you
can't tell up from down. Of course all of this is while you are the
most nauseated you can ever remember and feel the need to tie the
"lunch bag" around your neck (just in case):-))
Not that I've ever been there.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com