Old September 5th 16, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WAVEGURU

Default Vortex generators?

Ok, I understand how vortex generators disturb the airflow to allow the wing to stall at a lower speed, but there are lots of claims of better L/D for high performance planes like some jets. It seems like add bugs to your wing? Wouldn't those vortex generators reduce performance at higher speeds on a laminar flow wing? Aren't all jets using a laminar flow wing these days? I think I'm getting separation around my wing root and want to do some testing on our 2-32. Thoughts?

Boggs