Old December 1st 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.misc
Maxwell

Default How to make a spinner

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwrk0...eature=related
Quite interesting video showing how a spinner is made on a lathe.
--
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.

I saw them making spinners for Beechcraft years ago, while touring Globe
Engineering, years ago in Wichita. I production they were using a bearing
roller with a smooth radius face. I think the face of the bearing was
polished carbide.

They were turing out about one a minute, and claimed to produce them for all
the aircraft companies in the Wichita area. I know their tooling rack had
for or five dozens of tapered steel cone. One was required for each
different type.