Old July 9th 14, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default shipping a glider and trailer by rail from East to west coast

On Wednesday, July 9, 2014 9:18:51 AM UTC-4, rlovinggood wrote:
Ditto to Uli's and KS's statements about trains. I worked one day in the hump yard located in Hamlett, NC, and witnessed the "violence" train cars endure when they couple to each other. The railroad (CSX) was building a train that had several rail cars loaded with new automobiles. When a slowly-rolling rail car would couple onto a static rail car, the collision was powerful enough to set of the automobile alarms.

Also, they built trains that carried scrap metal in open gondola cars. HEAVY scrap metal lined the tracks in the yard, having been ejected from a moving gondola when it coupled to a stationary car. Impressive!

I would not want my precious cargo go through with that type of brutal handling!

Ray

AIR CRAFT SHIPPING * DELIVERY AVAILABLE * Thank you for taking the time to view this ad. We offer quality ground transportation and excellent communication. Denan Transport is a fully insured and reliable aircraft ground relocation service.. I currently have openings for August 2014. Please call or email to ensure placement in routing. * Contact Elizabeth G. OHara - DENAN TRANSPORT, End User - located Williamsport, TN USA * Telephone: 931-505-2158 . 931-583-2444 . * Posted July