Old January 13th 04, 02:13 AM
BTIZ

folding rudder pedals can be brought up during prefight..

single throw over yokes are only good for instrument work if the instructor
is comfortable with it..

BT

"EDR" wrote in message
In article . net,
Steve P wrote:

Can I get some opinions on using a throw over yoke for training? I'm
more concerned with high performance endorsements than I am instrument
ratings, however I am curious about using practicality of using a throw
over yoke for practice approaches under the hood. I read 61.31 (f) to
say that a high performance endorsement requires "training". I also
read 91.109 to require dual controls except for instrument training
when "the safety pilot has determined that the flight can be conducted
safely." So am I right in concluding that a high performance
endorsement cannot be attained using bonanza with a throw over yoke?

It can be done, but finding a CFI willing to do it may be another
matter. In addition to the throw-over yoke, there may not be any brakes
on the right side. Also, on the right side, the rudder peddals may fold
down.