Old September 21st 19, 11:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ron Gleason

Default Air Force wants to use Utah Test Range to test drones

https://www.standard.net/news/milita...53443a22f.html

They are looking to carve out a new, though small, restricted area, R-6401, near the Wendover Airport and adjacent to the existing restricted (RA) airspace R-6406A up to 58K MSL.

When this is implemented it will affect glider flying out of Ely, NV and possibly Nephi and Parowan, UT.

I would encourage everyone that flies in the Great Basin area of Utah and Nevada to read the proposal linked in the article and provide feedback. I will be writing to remind the Air Force that glider activity utilizes the air space around the restricted areas and occasional the restricted areas when permitted via Clover Control as that activity is not mentioned in Section 3.1.2.2 Civil Airspace Use.

Ron Gleason