Old September 23rd 19, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

Default Air Force wants to use Utah Test Range to test drones

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 5:06:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
The AF map is on page 1-4 in this.
https://www.hill.af.mil/Portals/58/d...erAirspace.pdf

It looks pretty harmless, but it does seem a good idea to be on record agreeing with it so if they ask for something big...

I had a curious incident at Ely this summer. I was heading north up the valley out of Ely at about 15,000 ft when I got a Flarm target 400 ft above me at a range of 4 nm heading south. I watched in the direction indicated as the target got closer both in range and altitude. It passed me at my altitude about 0.5 nm to the east and continued south until Flarm lost it. I never saw the target.

Tom