Old January 2nd 04, 05:15 AM
Richard Hertz

Yeah, but they only have to work 180 days out of the year and work only 7
hour days and then get retirement plans that are killing the tax payers.

"Stu Gotts" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 13:59:54 GMT, "Matthew S. Whiting"

Jay Honeck wrote:

Capt. Haynes is a retired airline captain, and a sought-after speaker

on the
mashed-potato circuit. As such he should set for life, and pretty

much
rolling in money.

There are some retired TWA pilots that need to work to make ends meet.

There
are some recently retired pilots from "reorganized" carriers who have

lost a
good portion of their retirement.

That is truly infortunate, but I have a hard time feeling too sorry for
folks that made well over $100K/year and didn't sock away a little on
their own for retirement. I make less than most senior airline pilots
and I'm not planning on having SS be available when I retire nor my
company pension. If one or both are still there, that will be gravey.

Then, there's those overpaid school teachers in California who retire

at 100%,
get COLA increases from a bankrupt state, and who are rolling in

dough.~

I'm not familiar with CA (thankfully!), but in most states teachers make
a LOT less than airline pilots.

And put up with mounds more bull**** for about 10 hours a day and at
least 20 days out of the month.