Old September 20th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug Haluza

Default Ridge Day at New Castle, VA, USA

Download the IGC files and do a maggot race. It's pretty wild!

Ray Lovinggood wrote:
I see the scores for Day 2 have been posted at:

http://ssa.org/members/contestreport...FullDetail.asp
?contestId=&ContestDetailId=2897&ContestName=Regio n+4+South+Contes

And all three classes did the 'milk run' ridge trip.

The speeds they ran must indicate one thing: The Ridge
Was Cooking!

But my question: Why has the day been devalued?

I guess I'll have to dive into the Sporting Code.
Maybe the task was too short, time wise?

But, I'm sure the particpants had a blast, especially
those that have never experienced a ridge run!

32 pilots flew it, with 27 having speeds greater than
100 miles per hour! And, they may have been dry!
We'll have to see in the official report if water was
allowed in this 'normally dry' contest.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA