Old November 24th 07, 03:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr,alt.satellite,sci.geo.satellite-nav
Jim Carter[_1_]

Default Search & Rescue GPS

The SAR MAP function is built into the Morrow GX50, 55, 60, and 65 units.

--
Jim Carter
Rogers, Arkansas
wrote in message
Hi Folks,

Hope someone here can help.

We have a helicopter that we want to be able to fly very accurately
search patterns, like creeping line, expanding box etc.

I cant find a GPS on the market that supports this natively, though in
theory it wouldnt be hard to generate a GPX file with the relevant
waypoints, doing it graphically is a bit beyond my programming
knowledge.

The other problem is it would be really nice to present it graphically
to the pilot with a deviation bar or similar.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

We have KLN94 and KMD550 MFD at the mo.

Ta

-Al