Old April 23rd 13, 06:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default PDA for Volkslogger

On Monday, April 22, 2013 4:53:40 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I'm quite happy with using just a Volkslogger in flight. At a local FBO I used to use a FBO Compaq iPAQ 3835 with Winpilot just to put turnpoints into the FBO VL then fly the VL. Unfortunately over the winter someone managed to delete the Winpilot program from the iPAQ. Trying to update the old iPAQ to re-accept Winpilot is a real pain and impractical. Surely there must be some decently inexpensive and relatively modern way to put turnpoints into a VL - heck, I'm happy to just do this myself via lat/long (although the SSA might not accept this for my gold...?). And yes, I do carry (and use) a small handleld GPS strapped to my leg for safety purposes...

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks, folks! As it turns out I have a serial port/USB connector that I use on an old B&W printer to save color ink. I'll give this a try and post what happens. THANKS!