Old July 31st 03, 02:33 PM
Dave Pearson

* quilljar :

Yes it is serious, but I would not go so far as to cancel my order! I am
too curious to have a look at it. I pick up my updated PC this afternoon,
I hope, in time for my FS9 to arrive in the UK post tomorrow!

I'm curious about it but not that curious. There's stuff in FS2K4 that does
sound worth having and so I'd decided that I'd go for it anyone and, if it
didn't perform too well, start thinking about which bits of my system could
do with a bump up. But, given some of the less positive reports I've seen so
far the reports that undocking doesn't work anywhere like how it used to
means that I'm not more than happy to cancel the order and "wait and see".

I should have a 2.6Ghz chip, new motherboard and 1024 Mb RAM. The
Parhelia, I have had for a good while now.

I can imagine that it'll perform ok on that setup.

Natch I will report back here
when I have trried it all out.

I'd be interested to hear how the undocking things works for you. Personally
I'm running a Matrix G550, which isn't *that* well suited to this sort of
thing but works well enough with FS2K2 for my needs.

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/