Old January 25th 04, 06:14 AM
carlos

Default MFD recommendations

Hi everyone and thanks to all who helped me out with my Garmin 196 v. 295
question. It seems the 196 is ahead by a nose at the moment... (mainly due
to its redraw speed).

Anyway, I just got my plane (first flight was this morning!!! although it
did greet me with a dead battery)... It's a 1977 Cessna 206G for all you
curious bunch.

I'm thinking of adding some avionics and would appreciate your
thoughts/knowledge on this matter.

My current avionics stack includes:

Apollo GX55 IFR GPS
2 KX155 radios
King audio panel, ADF and transponder
S-TEC 50 autopilot

I would like to add a color moving map to my stack as well as a stormscope.
Since I already have two very good radios, I think a Garmin 430 would be a
waste of money (even if I traded in one of the KX155s). A friend of mine
recommended I get a King MFD (150 or 250) which has GPS and moving map, but
no radio. They also interface with the stormscope and the combined cost
would be less than a 430.

I suppose there are other possibilities as well.

Any thought, comments or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

CGP.