Old April 18th 05, 09:04 PM
RST Engineering

"Carl / KG6YKL" wrote in message
news:j4U8e.55964$lz2.47289@fed1read07...
Jim,

I just looked around your website. I didn't see any kits for a homebrew
SWR meter. Do you have anything? Or a recommendation on plans to make
one. Personal interest is in both 123MHz and 146MHz range.

When Rat Shack had one for $20 or so, there was no incentive. I might just
do one now that theirs is gone.

Also, I have never understood the effect of transmit power.
Different SWR companies talk about specific transmitter powers...

I don't understand the question. Antenna VSWR doesn't change from
microwatts to megawatts (with the possible second order effect of the
megawatts heating the elements to the point that they expand in diameter and
length).

Jim