Old November 4th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

wrote in message
ups.com...
All things being equal (delivery time, price, etc.) which glider would
you choose and why? Is there a performance difference, quality
difference, ergonomics, etc.?

The comparision should take into account 15 meter and 18 meter
performance, strong weather and weak weather performance.

I think there are so many variables and subjective decisions involved, you'd
pretty much need to look at, explore, sit in, and touch and feel the ones
you are interested in. I found SSA convention is a good place to start if
you're in the US. 'Course it's good to ask on ras what owners or flyers of
your prospective ships think + or -.

A couple of years back, I read that 75% of new gliders were motorized. Don't
know if this has changed with the introduction of some of the popular new
"pure" gliders, but I suspect most new ships are still self-launch or
sustainer.

Since I fly a self-launch, I think I understand why this is so . . .

bumper
ASH26E
(4 years old with no spar profile issues, no gel coat cracks and no
reliability issues. If I had to do it again, I'd do it again :c)