Old November 4th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

The reason I was asking this question is I wanted to know which is the
glider to have to race 15 meter and 18 meter! Does one have a
performance advantage over the other? The comments on ASW-27/ASG-29
wing refinsh are troubling, but it cannot be too big a problem as I see
many ASW-27's on the score sheets and the talk of the 29's wing loading
range seems to have many buyers waiting for delivery (same wait time
for either V2CX or ASG29). The LS-10 is really an unknown as there are
only two flying. Also the cockpit size keeps my husband from being
able to fly this bird.

If you wanted to race both 15 meter and 18 meter, which glider would
you buy?!

On Nov 3, 3:17 pm, Nick Olson
wrote:
Neither go for the LS10, or if you really want to be
different the HpH 304S, or really different the DG808S.

Would also suggest the JS-1 or Antares 18 - but no
15m option (but it's a class that will die off soon),
or if the rumours were true I heard a few years back
wait for the 18 metre version of the SZD-56 Diana 2.