Old November 4th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Default ASG-29 versus Ventus 2CX

wrote:
The reason I was asking this question is I wanted to know which is the
glider to have to race 15 meter and 18 meter! Does one have a
performance advantage over the other?

May I suggest again, nicely, that if you need to ask these questions,
you probably don't currently have the racing skills necessary to take
advantage of whatever small difference there is in performance. Get any
glider that is comfortable for you and your husband, race for a few
years, by the time you reach the performance limits of whatever you buy,
there will likely be a new generation of gliders out there to consider.

Also the cockpit size keeps my husband from being
able to fly this bird.

If you husband is wide, rather than simply tall, the only options that
will likely work for him are the V2B/C or Discus 2B/C. If he is more
moderate in width, and long legged or long torso, the DG-808S and
LAK-17A will also work. If just long legged, the ASG-29 will probably
work.

Marc