Old January 22nd 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RST Engineering

Default ditching airbus flt 1549

"John Smith" wrote in message
RST Engineering wrote:

It has been nearly fifty years since I went to Boeing school, so please

squat switches have to be enabled to restart the APU. It cannot be
started airborne.

I hardly believe that the Boeing school of 50 years ago covered Airbus
systems.

No, but it covered 727 systems and one might suspect that Boeing had a
reason to disable APU starts in midair. Engineering design generally builds
on successful designs in the past.

Besides, I'd assume that a plane entrely flown by wire must provide
features which guarantee controllability even in the event of a complete
engine failure to get certified in the first place.

Look up the etymology of the verb "assume" some day.

Jim