Old April 25th 04, 01:15 PM
Dennis

You hit the nail on that one.. I bought a 1981 Beechcraft 77 Skipper just
over 2 years ago and hardly get to fly it. Put 63 hours on it last year and
20 of those were friends using it.

Its inexpensive to own a Skipper, but I can see your point clearly..
Hanger, insurance, maintenence, etc.. Its a bit much when you don't fly it
enough.

Dennis
N3868J
MyAirplane.com

"Don Tuite" wrote in message
On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 22:34:34 -0400, Peter R.
wrote:

Dennis wrote:

I would like to get others ideas in regards to if I should do a

lease-back
at my local FBO, or take on 4 to 9 other partners.. I will be going

to the
Rochester fly in next month (http://www.rochesterwings.com) and hope to
solidify a deal with Cirrus..

Dennis, no comment on the Cirrus, but I want to mention that I am
planning on attending the Rochester Wings event, too (barring weather,
maintenance, or health issues). See you there.

My $.02: First time: find an existing club/partnership. Rarely does
single ownership work -- the plane doesn't fly enough. Easier to find
an existing arrangement to buy into than to create one. You probably
won't get the exact kind of plane you think you want, but the
experience will be educational.

Don