Old November 1st 17, 06:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bumper[_4_]

Default Cup holder

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 4:30:17 PM UTC-7, Dave Nadler wrote:
Newly upgraded to include cup-holder!
They do note "limited to positive G only"...
https://www.vansaircraft.com/public/..._whats-new.htm

Most of the bugs are worked out on the new BM pot or cup holder with optional propane catalytic heater to keep hot drinks hot. An electronic gimbal keeps things mostly upright, with blue tooth connectivity to the MKIV for yaw inputs.

There are niggling (can we still use that word?)remaining issues with how the holder deals with negative Gs and turbulence. I think we've worked much of that out by quickly closing the lid, sealing the cup in less than .013 milliseconds when the accelerometers sense the aircraft movements are too much for the gimbal drive. A small sodium azide charge is ignited to drive a tiny pneumatic cylinder which slams the lid shut much faster than you can say "Ouch, Damn"! The noise from the charge is hardly noticeable over the ballistic crack from the rapid lid movement. Hearing protection is suggested and one should never lick the cup in turbulence.

We will be taking orders shortly. Buyers must sign a save and hold harmless liability release and promise to wear a Nomex suit, ballistic vest, Kevlar arm guards, hard hat, face shield and ear plugs at all times when flying.